Exploring the PEAK Award Customer Service Program
THE PEAK AWARD CUSTOMER SERVICE PROGRAM
Nebo School District wants to showcase our Positive Energy and Kind employees. PEAK Awards are nominated by patrons and recognized by the Superintendent Staff and Nebo School Board of Education. The award is administered by the Communications and Community Relations Department.
This initiative is designed to focus on "raising the bar" on providing exceptional customer service, both internally and externally. A key component of this initiative is the development of the PEAK Award. The PEAK (Positive Energy and Kindness) Award is presented monthly to someone in the Nebo School District who "really gets it" when it comes to providing exceptional customer service, which in turn results in positive impacts on everyone including students, parents, co-workers and members of the community.
Who Gets Nominated?
Faculty and staff members are nominated by anyone in the community through the Nebo School District website, www.nebo.edu, wherein a special Customer Service link is provided. The directions as to how to nominate an employee for the PEAK Awards are clearly spelled out on the site. All nominations must include information on how the individual has provided exceptional customer service, as well as how the employee's actions impacted the nominator's overall perception of Nebo School District Schools. The name and contact information of the nominator must be included.
How Are Winners Selected?
A Selection Committee that consists of a diverse group is charged with reviewing nominations and selecting an NSD employee whom they feel exhibits the traits of exceptional customer service. Once a PEAK Award has been selected, the Office of Communications & Community Relations notifies the winners. The nominators are also notified.
What is the Process for Honoring the PEAK Awards?
Each PEAK Award is recognized by the Nebo School Board at a monthly-televised School Board meeting.
Winners have no idea who nominated them, as that is kept secret until the actual televised School Board meeting when the nominator is asked to join the winner at the School Board meeting.
PEAK Awards are given specially designed PEAK certificates from the School Board and also receive an engraved plaque.
In addition, winners receive recognition in the form of an article and photo in the Nebo News, Nebo Notes, Nebo website, and local news. There will also be a featured, full-page color ad in the local newspaper, highlighting all the PEAK Awards for the academic year.
What Happens When a Nominee is Not Selected as a PEAK Award Customer Service Winner?
Nominees not selected as a PEAK Award for a particular month, are held "in the pool" for additional months. Following that time-frame, the nomination forms of those still not selected for the award, are forwarded to the individual's principal or supervisor, whereupon the principal or supervisor gives accolades to the employee for their good work in the area of customer service.
How is The PEAK Award Customer Service Program Promoted?
- At the beginning of each year the Communications and Community Relations and Superintendent’s staff identifies employee groups for Customer Service training to be held throughout the year. Customer Service workshops are then scheduled where all aspects of customer service, including the district's PEAK Award Customer Service Award, are explained.
- Customer Service feedback cards were developed and placed in the main office of every school in the district. This offers parents, students and visitors alike an opportunity to take a card, cite their customer service experience (good or bad) and send it to the Community Relations Department.
- The link for the PEAK Award Customer Service Award program is displayed prominently on the homepage of Nebo School District website. The following link takes customers to the PEAK site: http://www.nebo.edu.
- After winners have been honored at a School Board meeting, the communications and Community Relations Department will get the information out, touting the winners and the reasons they received the PEAK Award Customer Service award.
- PEAK Awards are also interviewed by our district’s video class and shown on our website and local TV, where the PEAK Award explains their customer service experience and gives their views on the importance of great customer service in Nebo School District.
- At the end of the school year, a color ad is placed in the local newspaper, featuring all PEAK Awards for the academic year. Also, all winners are placed in a drawing for a paid Get Away Today trip.